For the safety of our community and at the request of our Senders, Roadie performs a background check on all Drivers prior to their being able to perform their first Gig. You may not drive on the Roadie Platform if you do not pass the background check.
The background check includes national, state and local criminal checks, sex offender registry checks, and obtaining your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). The background check also includes verification that (1) you have a valid Social Security Number, and (2) you are not listed on the comprehensive list of terrorists and groups identified under Executive Order 13224 (US Terrorist List), and (3) you are not listed on one or more of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security’s Lists of Persons of Concern (BIS Persons of Concern List).
Before we begin a background check, we require your consent. To start the process, we require Drivers to provide a valid driver’s license and Social Security Number.
In order to pass the background checks, Drivers must have:
- A valid, active, permanent (not permit) U.S. drivers license
- A valid Social Security Number
- No major moving violations, such as DUIs or reckless driving, in the past five years
- No more than three minor moving violations, such as speeding tickets or failure to obey traffic laws, in the past three years
- No drug-related convictions in the past five years
- No cell phone or distracted driving violations in the past year
- No computer, identity theft or Internet-related crime in the past seven years
- No violent crimes, sexual offenses, or theft at any time
- No felony convictions in the past seven years
Additionally, in order to pass the background check, Drivers cannot be listed on either the US Terrorist List, or on any BIS Persons of Concern List where dealings with you would violate US Export Administration Regulations.
The background check is free of charge, and there is no credit check.
All Drivers who consent to a background check will receive a complimentary copy of their background check report from the CRA by email within 30 days of completion.
For more information on the background check process, please read the Background Check Disclosure, FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) rules and our Terms and Conditions.
Some Drivers may be asked to submit additional personal information to verify their identity in order to be eligible to perform certain Gigs. Roadie uses various technology and tools to verify your identity and protect against fraud. These tools will collect other personal information from you, including a selfie and scan of your driver's license and/or other government ID photo, and may include biometric information or identifiers, such as a scan of your face or fingerprints.