For the safety of our community, Roadie performs a criminal background check that includes national, state and local criminal checks and sex offender registry checks, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) on all Drivers prior to performing their first Gig. Before we begin a background check, we require your consent. To start the process, we require Drivers to provide a valid driver’s license and Social Security Number.
In order to pass the background checks, Drivers must have:
- A valid, active, permanent (not permit) U.S. drivers license
- No major moving violations, such as DUIs or reckless driving, in the past five years
- No more than three minor moving violations, such as speeding tickets or failure to obey traffic laws, in the past three years
- No drug-related convictions in the past five years
- No cell phone or distracted driving violations in the past year
- No more than two accidents in the past three years
- No violent crimes, felonies, sexual offenses, or theft at any time
The background check is free of charge, and there is no credit check.
All Drivers who consent to a background check will receive a complimentary copy of their background check report from the CRA by email within 30 days of completion.
For more information on the background check process, please read the Background Check Disclosure, FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) rules and our Terms and Conditions.