Here are a few important details for Drivers to know about pharmacy deliveries:
- Due to privacy laws, during any pharmacy delivery the only person allowed in the vehicle is the Driver. No other person may be present during the Gig.
- The delivery notes should not contain the patient’s name, date of birth, social security number, or prescription name or type (protected health information or PHI), and you should not be required to know any PHI in order to pick up the items. The pharmacy is required to “brown bag” the prescription so that no PHI is visible. If the prescription is not bagged and/or any PHI is visible on the bag, please request a bag from the pharmacy. It is also recommended that you bring your own bag to transport the prescription from the pharmacy to the delivery destination to ensure that you are not exposed to PHI.
- During pickup, you must take a photo of the items being picked up without including the patient's name, DOB, or other PHI in the image.
- At delivery, you must not leave the package unattended. You must hand deliver the package to a person aged 18-years-old or older at the delivery address stated in the App.
- All deliveries containing prescription medicine will require a signature. You must obtain the first and last name of the person you delivered the package to and enter it into the App.
- If you have an issue at pickup or delivery, you must call the pharmacy at the phone number listed in the pickup or delivery notes to receive their directions on how to handle the issue.
- If you're unable to complete the delivery for any reason, you must contact Roadie Support or create a return delivery in the App. Upon arriving back at the pickup pharmacy, you must tell them you are returning the items for disposal.
- Once the delivery is complete and the pickup and dropoff photos are successfully uploaded, delete any photos that may have been stored on your personal device during the delivery within 48 hours.
If you need additional assistance, you can always contact us via chat on the website.