Roadie offers the option to be paid instantly, for a small fee. Here’s how to get started:
- To qualify for Instant Pay, you must have completed your first Gig more than 7 days prior to setting up Instant Pay and you must have completed a total of at least 5 Gigs.
- Keep in mind that canceled Gigs do not count towards this goal and batches count as a single Gig.
- To get started with Instant Pay, you’ll need a valid debit card with a bank that is supported by our new payment system.
- Once you’re eligible, you’ll see a message in the Roadie app menu prompting you to set up Instant Pay. Tap on the message to add your debit card info to your Driver Profile. For security reasons, when you add a debit card, there’s a 1-day waiting period before you will have access to Instant Pay.
- Once you’re set-up, you can go to Gig History and tap “Cash Out Now” to receive your payment immediately. When you cash out, $1.99 will be deducted from your balance and you’ll receive your payment right away.
Instant Pay FAQs
How do I become eligible?
To become eligible, your first Gig must have been at least 7 days ago and you must have completed at least 5 Gigs.
How much can I cash out? How often can I use Instant Pay?
You can cash out up to $5,000 per day or 10 times per day – whichever happens first.
What time can I use Instant Pay?
You can cash out any time as long as you have a valid balance, but there is a cut-off time on Tuesday mornings when weekly payments are automatically sent via ACH.
What’s the minimum balance to be able to cash out instantly?
You’ll need to have a minimum balance of at least $5 to use Instant Pay.
What’s the maximum balance to cash out instantly?
Each time you cash out, there is a $2,000 limit. If you have more than that in your balance, you’ll need to cash out $2,000 at a time.
What if my bank doesn’t support Instant Pay?
You can find a list of supported banks here. If your bank doesn’t support Instant Pay, you’ll receive an error email letting you know that your debit card information has been removed from your profile. You won’t be able to attempt to use Instant Pay again until you add a new card. In the meantime, you’ll still get paid via weekly batched payouts.
I tried to cash out, but it didn’t work. What went wrong?
Here are some common reasons why Instant Pay might not work:
- You are not eligible to use Instant Pay yet. To become eligible, your first Gig must have been at least 7 days ago and you must have completed at least 5 Gigs.
- You recently added a new debit card. For security reasons, when you add a debit card, there’s a 1-day waiting period before you will have access to Instant Pay.
- Your bank must have at least $1 in the account receiving the deposit.
If you see an error message, Instant Pay might just be temporarily down because of a technical issue. Feel free to try again later!
When will payments be available to cash out?
If you are eligible for Instant Pay, Gigs typically stay in “processing” for 3-24 hours – unless the transaction is above $200, then it takes a full 24 hours.
If you are not eligible for Instant Pay then all transactions take at least 24 hours.
If you need additional assistance, you can always contact us via chat on the website.